The Growsafe Telescoprotexx® Protects Against Animal Damage
Animal Damage to Young Trees
- Deer, elk, rabbits, and other herbivores can destroy trees by eating the softer green wood of new trees and saplings
- With humans displacing natural predators like cougars and wolves, deer populations are out of control throughout much of the country. Elk damage in Yellowstone National Park led to the re-introduction of wolves there.
- Rabbits can also destroy young saplings, especially those grown from seed.
- Most plant protectors in the past have failed due to the inability to grow with the tree, and the inability to let light through to the tree for photosynthesis.
- The Growsafe Telescoprotexx® solves these problems by being translucent to allow photosynthesis, and being expandable both in length and diameter.
- The Growsafe can be purchased on larger orders of the Waterboxx PlantCocoon®.
The Growsafe Telescoprotexx® Plant Protector
- The Growsafe Telescoprotexx® is a much needed invention to protect newly planted trees and other plants from the ravages of grazing animals.
- Made of lightweight and flexible polymer, the Growsafe plant protector can protect young plants from rabbits, deer, elk, and other herbivores that would otherwise irreparably damage the young plant.
- The Growsafe is designed to fit within the central plant openings of the Groasis Waterboxx, and can be left in place after the Waterboxx is removed.
- Two Growsafe plant protectors can be combined around larger diameter trees.
- The Growsafe plant protector is shipped flat, and is easily assembled into a tube with a 3 inch diameter.
- The Growsafe is approximately 20 inches tall, and has special notches that allow several of the Growsafes to be attached to each other as the plant grows.
- Growsafes also add visibility to your Waterboxx plants, preventing their accidental destruction.
- Growsafe plant protectors can make any conical plant deer and rabbit resistant.
- The Growsafe Telescoprotexx® is specifically designed to let in blue and red light (the wavelengths necessary for photosynthesis).
- Other light wavelengths, which contribute little to photosynthesis but do increase the heat of the plant, are filtered out.
- This selective filtering ability means that the Growsafe plant protector helps keep plants cool in the summer.
- The Growsafe acts in concert with the Waterboxx which also cools the soil and the base of the plant.
- The Growsafe can remain in place after the Waterboxx is removed.
Buy Growsafes in Quantities of 50
You can buy 50 Growsafe Telescoprotexx Plant Protectors for $149.95, shipping and handling included, with the link below. You can buy in denominations of 50 (50, 100, 150, etc.). For orders larger than 50 Growsafes, please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery.
Get the Growsafe With Waterboxxes
You can also have the Growsafe shipped with orders of multiple Waterboxxes, for significant cost savings. You can order on our buy page or by using the button below.