Growing Pumpkins With The Groasis Waterboxx Plantcocoon
The Groasis Waterboxx PlantCocoon® is ideally suited to growing pumpkins with minimal work and watering.
- The Groasis Waterboxx PlantCocoon® is ideally suited to growing pumpkins with minimal work and watering, including giant pumpkins.
- If growing giant pumpkins (like the one seen here), it is best to have 4 wicks inserted into the base of the Waterboxx PlantCocoon®.
- This pumpkin never needed water added to the Waterboxx or the plant after Waterboxx set up - it refilled from dew and rainfall.
- When planting a giant pumpkin with the Waterboxx, it is best to remove all but one pumpkin, and give the vine supporting the pumpkin a large amount of slack.
- Also, you may want to place the pumpkin on a pallet before it gets too big to move.
- Here you see a Howden pumpkin, 16 inches in height, grown without continued watering the with Groasis Waterboxx PlantCocoon®.
- Pumpkins are usually quite a frustrating plant because of all the watering required, with no pay off until September or October.
- However, after we transplanted our Howden pumpkin (grown from seed) outdoors and placed the Waterboxx around it, and filled the Waterboxx, no water was needed again, not once!
- The Waterboxx will allow your pumpkins to grow, almost as an afterthought, throughout the summer with you showing up just at the harvest.
- We do recommend planting powdery mildew resistant varieties of pumpkin if this is a problem in your area.
- Also, we recommend you plant nasturtiums in between pumpkins and other cucurbits to deter squash bugs from feasting on your pumpkins.